|SCI-GD - Dark Granite Polishing Powder|
|SCI-GD is a non-acid granite polishing powder for dark colored granite tiles. It is for professional use only. It restores the natural surface of polished granite tile. It can also be used to remove calcium build-up from fountains and exterior walls. |
Shipping Details >>|
|Total Order Amount
|$15.00 - $24.99
|$25.00 - $39.99
Review this product
Preparing the Surface:
- SCI-GD powder should be used with a white, natural, or felt buffing pad. White polyester works the best.
- Approximate usage is one ounce per three square feet.
- Be sure to remove all coatings, dust, and loose sediment from the surface prior to applying the powder.
- Always work small areas at a time until you become familiar with the product.
- Apply 4 ounces of water to the surface and apply one half of a cup of SCI-GD Powder to the water and work it together to form a slurry.
- The slurry should remain milky throughout the buffing process. Add water if necessary.
- To check the results, move the slurry with a squeegee and reapply if more buffing is necessary.
- When desired results appear, push the slurry to another work area or pick it up with a wet/dry vacuum. For floor surfaces, rinse immediately with Marbalex. For countertop surfaces, rinse with Marbamist.
- Buff the completed area with a clean dry white pad.
- Using a 175 RPM Buffing Machine with a hogs hair pad, apply some water to the floor and add enough powder to make a thicker slurry (oatmeal-like mixture).
- Using the machine, go left to right 4 to 5 times keeping the mixture/slurry wet; do not make a splashing slurry.
- Pick up slurry with a wet/dry Vaccuum.
- Rinse the floor using SCI's Marbalex stone floor cleaner.
- Then buff using a white dry pad.
- Always test on a small area before using to determine if the product is applicable.
- Test Area: Apply the SCI-GD GRANITE POWDER to a small area at the project site in accordance to the manufacturer's directions on the bottle label. Be sure to record all the test results including coverage and stain prevention.
- Natural stone should be protected with STONE SPRAY-N-SEAL penetrating sealer.
- Follow the recommended SCI cleaning procedures for MARBALEX & MARBAMIST.
- If heavy abrasions or scratches are on the surface, follow steps 1-5 and then buff with compound in until it becomes dry, rinse with Marbalex, and then buff with a clean white polyester pad.
- While in the container, SCI-GD buffing compound may absorb moisture and become hard. This will not affect the performance of the product.
- Cover all surfaces that are not stone.
- Always wear protective clothing such as safety goggles, gloves, and footwear.
Approximate Sq. Ft. Per Pound Coverage:
- Granite 600 sq. ft.
- Agglomerates 600 sq. ft.
- Terrazzo 600 sq. ft.
- Dark Granite
- Dark Granite Agglomerates
- Dark Granite Terrazzo
- Repolishes worn granite, terrazzo, and agglomerate surfaces quickly.
- Simple to use.
- Can be used by hand or machine.
- For commercial and residential use.
- Powdered Formula
- Polishing Abrasives
- Use with water
SCI guarantees complete satisfaction of its products. If not completely satisfied with the performance of the product, when used as directed and the surface has been tested first, contact Stone Care International, Inc. for a refund of the purchase price or a replacement by another SCI product. Determining the suitability of the product for any intended purpose shall be solely the responsibility of the user. There are no warranties, express or implied, including those of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose which extend beyond the description on the product label.
- If contacted with eyes or skin, rinse thoroughly with water. If symptoms persist, call a physician.
- If swallowed, drink water and do not induce vomiting. Call a physician or poison control immediately.
- Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
- For emergencies, call 1-800-535-5053.