MANUAL SCRUBBING STONE FLOOR SURFACES
Smooth Surfaces: (Granite, Marble, Ceramic, Terra Cotta, Terrazzo, Agglomerate)
- Dust mop area.
- Dilute MARBALEX in a clean bucket at two ounces per one gallon of warm water.
- Generously apply MARBALEX with a synthetic dust mop and let it set for a minimum of two minutes.
- Install a soft bristled brush to the bottom of the machine.
- Use a sideward (left to right) scrubbing motion with one pass in each direction. (Lower=Left/Raise=Right)
- Immediately extract the solution with a wet/dry vacuum to prevent the soils from settling back onto the surface.
- Damp mop with MARBALEX using a clean bucket and mop.
- Proceed with the SCI daily maintenance procedures.
Heavy Soil Build Up:
- Mix STONE QUEST at four to six ounces to one gallon of warm water.
- Follow the same procedures as above.
- Rinse thoroughly with MARBALEX and proceed with routine maintenance procedures.
Rough Surface: (Flamed Stone, Concrete)
- Follow the above procedures with MARBALEX and increase the dilution ratio to six ounces and use a soft bristled brush.
- If this application does not perform, apply STONE QUEST mixed half and half with water.
- Let it set for three minutes.
- Scrub the surface with a soft bristled brush.
- Pick up solution immediately with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Rinse with MARBALEX if any streaks remain and proceed with daily maintenance procedures.
- Dilute CERAMICLEAN at ten ounces per one gallon of water.
- Mop it on to the surface and let it set for three minutes.
- Scrub the grout with a soft bristled brush.
- Pick up the solution with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Rinse with MARBALEX if necessary.
*If the soil buildup has penetrated deeply inside the stone or grout, apply a poultice and follow the recommended procedures on the label.
- Immediately pick up the scrubbed solution with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Never let the solution dry before extracting it.
- Be sure that the squeegee blades are always cleaned and wiped off after every use.
- Use warm water to open the pores of the stone.
- Do not flood the floor surface.
- Always use clean mops, buckets, pads, and brushes.
- Replace worn pads, mops, and brushes.
- For softer stones, consult with an SCI Representative.
- Scrub 1,000 square feet with a 175 RPM 17" buffer with separate pick-up, 1,000 Square Feet should be scrubbed in 31.20 minutes. (ISSA)