Sealing Stone & Grout
|SEALING STONE & TERRAZZO FLOORS: (Every 1-2 years)|
|Product: Stone Spray-N-Seal®|
- Surface should be dry for 6-12 hours before sealing.
- Clean countertop surface using Marbamist or Clean EnCounters. For stone floors, clean with Marbalex. (It is safe to lightly clean the stone before sealing.)
- Cover surrounding areas that are not intended to be sealed.
- Liberally spray the entire surface until it is wet. (Outer edges may dry quicker.)
- When surface begins to dry within 3-5 minutes, wet the surface again with the sealer. (This will allow the sealer to properly penetrate and cure.)
- After 30 minutes, wipe off excess sealer from the surface with a clean and dry white terry cloth towel.
- If excess dries on the surface, spray more sealer onto the surface and wipe off immediately with a clean dry terry cloth towel. For large stone floors, excess can be buffed off with a clean white buffing pad or an all cloth bonnet pad.
|Use the same above sealing procedure for:|
|- SEALING KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS & BATHROOM VANITIES|
|- SEALING STONE WALLS|
|- SEALING FIREPLACE SURROUNDS|
|- SEALING FLAMED GRANITE & TUMBLED MARBLE SURFACES|
|- SEALING QUARRY TILE & TERRA COTTA|
|SEALING GROUT: (Every 1-2 years)|
|Product: Grout Lock™|
- Allow newly applied grout to cure overnight before applying sealer.
- Clean existing grout thoroughly before sealing.
- Test in an inconspicuous place for compatibility and satisfactory seal by seeing if water beads on the surface.
- SHAKE CAN WELL BEFORE USING.
- Invert can and point nozzle away from you; aim it at the grout line from a height of 10-15 inches.
- Press the nozzle and spray along the grout line, avoiding excess sealer that may result in pooling or residue.
- If pooling occurs, it is best to remove with a cloth while wet. (A cloth dampened with warm water will easily wipe up residue when it is dried).
- Apply a second coat after 30 minutes for best protection.
- At least one hour after sealing, apply a drop of water to the grout. If it does not bead up and is absorbed, another coat should be applied.
* The floor may be walked on when dried to the touch and full cure is achieved in 24 hours.
* Depending on traffic and wear, sealer may need to be reapplied after 1-3 years.